We are looking for a PhD student in forest ecology and modeling in the project BayForDemo. See job announcement here: English / German.
Application deadline: 29 July 2019.
For further questions contact Lisa Hülsmann.
General info on research positions
Interested in joining the Theoretical Ecology lab at University of Regensburg as a PhD student / postdoc? Feel free to get in contact, either to express your general interest in working with us, or to suggest a specific project.
- Open positions will be announced via the University Job Board, the usual profesional channels (see here), and, probably easiest, via twitter (Florian / Lisa) – if you don’t see any recent job announcements on twitter, assume that there are none.
- Please understand that we will only answer unsolicitated inquiries if they come with a reasonably specific email text that should at least
- show a good awareness of the research we are doing (see our publications)
- explain your background / experience in these topics and your interests / career goals, and why our group is a good fit for you.
- hint towards your funding plans. A list of options is available here.
If you are new to academia, we highly recommend informing yourself about the general etiquette for such inquiries, as well as about realistic requirements to land a position in a competitive research group. See, e.g., here, here, here, or here.
WHK Stellen / student assistants
- We are permanently looking for students with programming / statistical knowledge to help with programming / testing software that we develop, as well for data preparation and statistical analyses – if you are interested, please get in touch.
BSc / MSc projects
- See section teaching